Monday, January 12, 2009

SewFunky

We are starting a new article, every week we will tell you a little bit about some of the
products we carry and the company's they come from.

SewFunky Ontario's Tanja Mackenzie is a momma of 4 and the creator of SewFunky. She has been sewing her amazing creations for 15 years, they can be be found all across the globe. She is the maker of our beautiful Ring Slings and Organic Bamboo Panda Wraps. Tanja has become a great friend and very wise in the ways of Babywearing, homeschooling and cloth diapering. Kristina and I searched high and low for the best made slings and wraps and we were led to Tanja.
I am a huge lover of the Ring Sling, come by the store and you'll see little Maile snuggled to me.
I find it easy to use, fits in your bag, easy to wash and versitle. The sling can be used from birth until over 40lbs. My toddler loved the "supported piggy back" position well past age 2. For Maile my favorite carry is on the hip. That way baby can interact with me as well as the outside world. The extra long stylish "tail" makes a great cover for sun/rain and nursing privacy.
My favorite perk is the ease of use, it literally takes me 2 seconds to get Maile in the sling and we are on our way into the grocery store. No buckles no adjusting no thinking about which coat to wear so my carrier fits. The quality in Tanja's work is 2nd to none as all pieces are handmade and most fabrics are certified organic! Tanja can also make a matching toddler sling to carry around a baby just like mom ;)
Come on down to the store and see why we love to support this talented Stay at Home Mom.
Yeah SewFunky!!

http://www.sewfunky.ca/

No comments: